Sunday 10 December 2017

SNow,snow and more snow.

I can't load photos at the moment but we have had loads of snow.It started on Friday,a bit on Saturday  and today it had never stopped.It is my OH's birthday tomorrow and I had booked two nights in a hotel in Kendal in the Lake District going today.We planned to have lunch with Sarah and family and then go off from there.The forecast was dire so we decided not to go today and hopefully will go in the morning.It is about two hours drive from here so we can include a drive round the Lake District and go the hotel late afternoon.I have booked a table at a French Bistro in Kendal for tomorrow night so fingers crossed we get there.A snow plough/gritters has just been down our road but it seems to have piled snow up across the drive.Tonight it is going to go down to -7 degrees!!! whether we can get the car out tomorrow is another question!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely, hope you can go !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of things cancelled or postponed around here, we should have been off to visit relatives today but have put it off until Thursday which is a good job as I've just heard that there is a bad accident on the road we would have taken. I hope you can get up to Kendal, stay safe and enjoy yourselves:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you manage to get there, it sounds wonderful. It's usually us further north who gets the snow but all we've had is a bit of sleet, not that I'm complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got to go away on your special trip. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete